Domestic abuse

If you or someone you know is being abused by a partner, ex-partner or a family member, there are support services available to help. 

In an emergency

Phone 999 if you are in immediate danger, or ask someone else to phone. State whether you need the police, ambulance or fire service. Try to move to a safe place, avoid kitchens or stairs, and stay near a door for a quick escape if you have to leave the area you are in.

If you are unable to speak when you call 999, press 55 when prompted and your call will be transferred to the police. This only works with mobiles. 

If the situation is not an emergency, but you still need the police, call 101.

Domestic abuse support 

Reach Out

A support service for any adult or child aged 16 or over living in Redbridge who is experiencing, or may be at risk of domestic abuse. Reach Out understand that everyone's situation is unique so can support you in a way that works best for you and keeps you safe. Reach Out also support children and young people who have been affected by domestic abuse.

Outside of these hours please contact:

National Domestic Abuse Helpline

Specialist help and support

There is specialist support available for young people, victims from ethnic minority groups, LGBTQ+ victims and male victims of domestic abuse. 

Visit the domestic abuse page on the Redbridge council website

  • If you are worried about their immediate safety, call 999
  • Report a crime by calling police on 101
  • Report anonymously by calling Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111 or online
  • Stay connected by keeping regular contact. This creates safe spaces and opportunities to ask for help.
  • Let your friend know that you’ve noticed something is wrong. They might not be ready to talk, but try to find quiet times when they can talk if they choose to
  • Call the freephone 24 hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0808 2000 247 or visit the National Domestic Abuse Helpline website to get a call back.
  • Do not approach or contact the perpetrator. This could escalate the abuse and put you and the person at risk of harm

Redbridge Women's Resource 

A virtual interactive space for all women in Redbridge to quickly find the information they need.

Redbridge Women's Resource

Quick exit ➟