Help finding a job
Looking for a job can be a challenging experience, but there are local services in Redbridge which can provide useful advice and information to help you get back into work.
The Work Redbridge (to register with Work Redbridge) service is open to any Redbridge resident aged 18+ with the right to live and work in the UK.
Our qualified advisors can offer free support with:
- creating a job search action plan
- CV writing
- improving your interview techniques including virtual and telephone interviews
- gaining employability skills and finding training opportunities
- accessing local employment opportunities
Job Centre Plus
Offering information on all aspects of employment and unemployment issues, Redbridge Job Centre Plus in Seven Kings provides access to job adverts, employment support and information on job related benefits.
There are a wide range of recruitment agencies across a variety of industries which are willing to help you with your job search. Most offer an online registration service. Alternatively, you may wish to visit one of your local branches to book a free appointment with a consultant.
To find your local recruitment agent search online for the relevant sector you are interested in.
Access to Work scheme
The government has established a funding programme to help people living with a mental or physical disability or a debilitating health condition get into work or re-enter the work place. Known as Access to Work, this fundamental grant can pay for practical support to help you with your employment needs and workplace adjustments.
Examples of support can include:
- travel to and from the workplace if you are unable to use public transport
- specialist equipment for your workstation
- disability training for work colleagues
- a support worker or communicator to provide assistance at interviews
The amount you will receive depends on your circumstances and will not affect your other benefits.
Redbridge Youth Hub
The Redbridge Youth Hub is a one-stop virtual shop for young people aged 16 - 24 to find information and advice on employment opportunities, education, apprenticeships, training, managing money and well-being services in and around the borough.